How to spend your time in Trivandrum?
October 29, 2019
Trivandrum is one of the most visited tourist cities in India. It is also a connector to quite a few other beach towns like Kovalam and Varkala as they lie near to the city. So if you are planning a small getaway by the beaches, this is the perfect place to go. The best way to explore this place is to hire a Trivandrum taxi. So how do you get to Trivandrum?
We suggest you take a taxi from Kochi to Trivandrum. A Kochi to Trivandrum taxi is the best way to get here as the highway lies by the coastline and the picturesque views are not something you would want to miss. The distance between Kochi and Trivandrum is about 200 km which takes about three to four hours to travel.
The staple food of Kerala is influenced a lot by the culture of this place. They offer some great dishes both in vegetarian and non-vegetarian cuisines. The flavors are enhanced with local masalas of the state like chilies, curry leaves, mustard leaves, black pepper, clove, etc. Many of the restaurants are present on the outskirts of Trivandrum. We suggest hiring Kochi to Trivandrum taxi for your commute. Some good spots to stop at on the way are:
2. Mother’s Kitchen
3. Sardarji ka Dhaba (North Indian Cuisine)
If you wish to stay in Trivandrum, then you’re in for a treat. Trivandrum has many hotels and resorts along the beach line which are available at cheap affordable prices. Here is a list of a few of them:
1. Treebo Trend Adrak
2. Classic Sarovar Portico
3. Hilton Garden Inn
The hotels present on the coastline don’t have parking spaces. So, we recommend you hire a Kochi to Trivandrum taxi as the driver will always be just a call away.
So now that you are at Trivandrum, how should you best utilize your stay here? Most people get confused as to what they should do in Trivandrum because of the many options available there. So here is a list of things that we recommend you do to not have any regrets later:
- Explore Nature – Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary lies 35 km to the north of Trivandrum and can be reached by a KSRTC bus or a private taxi. Home to multiple endangered species, they also organize Lion safaris which just can’t be missed.
- Indulge the Inner Adventurer – For all adventure junkies visiting Trivandrum, the Academy for Mountaineering and Adventure Sports offers many adventurous activities, ranging from water sports such as scuba diving and rafting to various air adventures such as skydiving and paragliding. So if you have been bitten by the adventure bug lately, this would be a good place to start.
- Rediscover History – If you have a taste for the occurrences of the past, we know just the places to visit for you. The Natural History Museum and the Napier Museum are both located at the heart of the city and would make for a perfect day-long outing. Both of the places are closed on Mondays.
- Go Shopping – In contrast to picturesque Kerala, the streets of Chalai Market, are always bustling reminding you of Trivandrum being the IT hub of Kerala. Famous for its unlimited range of products, this market can ensure the availability of almost every item and you’ll end up buying more than you need. An organized market with direct connectivity and a wide range of goods, shopping here is a must among the best things to do in Trivandrum at night.
- Visit the Valiyathura Pier- Situated near the airport, Valiyathura Pier will be the perfect end to your vacation. Once a bustling port of Trivandrum, it is now, a secluded and blissful place to experience the serene sunset. While sitting by the 200 m long pier, witnessing an activity as simple as the fishermen packing up their nets at sunset will leave you filled with peace and calm.